1) Advertising Reimbursement
This funding is available for events that are determined to be spectator, visitor or ticketed events that need assistance in advertising outside the Okeechobee area to increase their out of area attendance to the event and generate over night stays at hotel, motel, or campgrounds.
Reimbursement funding is restricted to the advertising and promotion of the event.
Advertising should take place in areas outside Okeechobee with preferably 1-2 hours driving time away. Advertising and promotion include:
- Creative Design of Advertisement*
- Ad Placement in or on:
- a) Newspapers, b) Magazines, c) Radio, d) Television, e) Direct Mail*
- Brochure Creation and Distribution*
- *The services must be for materials that will be distributed in areas outside Okeechobee.
- Promotional expenses related to the event with prior approval from the T.D.C. Coordinator
NOTE: T.D.C. funds are to be viewed as seed money to assist the organization in developing the event rather than a source of guaranteed continuous funding into the future.
2) Promotion Hosting Contracts
This funding is available for events that are determined to be participant generating and will increase overnight stays at hotel, motel, or campgrounds by the number of participants that are from out of the area. Consideration will also be given to events which can generate national, state or regional media exposure for Okeechobee County.
Funding is evaluated on a case by case basis.
Examples of such events:
Fishing Tournaments, Athletic Tournaments
Advertising Reimbursement and Host Contracts are based on funds availability and compliance of Grant recipient to the Okeechobee County Tourist Development Council
Special Event Marketing Program Policies, Procedures and Brand Requirements.